Yesterday I was invited to the Home Centre Women’s Tuesday Event. Home Centre hosted Joys of Organising at their store in Mall of the Emirates, Dubai. Fashion designer Mariam Yeya (@mrskeepa) unveiled the new Dream Rooms and shared tips & tricks on maximizing wardrobe space and staying organized.
Image Courtesy: Home Centre Facebook Page
The event started with the launch of Dream Room collection and Designer Mariam showcasing the new range of furniture with different storage options and door options. We all ladies were also treated to the manicure by Spaces Salon and makeup services after the interactive session!
Here are few tips and tricks which I learned in this event on organizing your wardrobe.
- There’s little point in owning a gorgeous bag or dress if you can’t find it in your closet when you’re getting dressed. A clean, well-organized wardrobe—instead of a confusing, jumbled mess of clothes and accessories—means you’ll maximize all your sartorial purchases, and come up with polished, carefully considered outfits even on hectic mornings. The task of decluttering your wardrobe can be overwhelming but its worth doing it.
- Get Rid of Your Old Clothes. It might not be easy, but tossing out or donating old clothes is key to making room in your closet.
- Organize your tops and dresses. If you have the space to hang, hang everything, You’ll wear more if you can see it!
- Organize Bags and Shoes. It’s better to keep shoes and bags outside on shelves and have as much visible as possible. It’s hard to change bags if you can’t see them. They don’t generally get damaged out of their dust bags, so enjoy the view.
- Organize Jewelry on top of the dresser. It’s also a great way to see what you have and makes it easy to keep hidden from plain sight.
I hope these tips and tricks help you organize your wardrobe and maximize more space in order to fit all our clothes, shoes, and bags. Till then xoxo
This is the first time I am going to write a review about a salon. So I randomly saw this salon “The Bridal Lounge” on Groupon and bought the manicure pedicure combo deal. The Bridal Lounge is located on Al Wasl Road in one of the villa. It is basically a one-stop-lounge where brides can fulfill all their big day preparations without worrying about the many little inconveniences that come with it. Along with their Salon and Spa services, they also provide Wedding Event services and Bridal Wear. They have some well-known international bridal designers who are famous for their elegant wedding and evening gowns.
The minute I entered the salon, I fell in love with their interiors and the pastel color combination used. The walls have a fresh lemon yellow color with beautifully carved white frames and wainscot. Few things I really liked was their reception area, chandeliers, white furniture and beautiful flower arrangements. I was also impressed by the spacious areas for different services and cleanliness of the entire salon. They have bridal rooms for a bride to get comfortably ready for her BIG day.
Nail services had a separate room where I was taken and asked to sit in a comfortable massage chair. I had chosen classic manicure pedicure combo which was around 79 dirhams on Groupon. The minute I entered the room I was so happy because they have my favorite brand for nail polish which is OPI. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. And very carefully and attentively they did my manicure and pedicure. I love the fact how perfectly they cut the cuticles from my nails and did an amazing job on scrubbing and massaging my feet. I was offered a perfect cup of cappuccino with some Lotus biscuits. One of the best part of my entire experience was that I could watch YouTube on their TV and play my favorite songs and I immediately felt right at home.
Overall this was an amazing experience and I would love to go back again for other services. And last but not the least I am writing this review after nine days and I still have the perfect manicure without any nail chipping. This is BY FAR my best manicure experience.
Do check out their website and Instagram page for more info.