Today I am going to enlighten you with some of the latest summer styles that’s trending these days in basically all the types of industries. I’ve been seeing these trends everywhere from fashion to interiors and in the work of some of today’s top contemporary artists. With any trend, I recommend incorporating small touches into your own home and accessories and artwork are a great way to do this.
Below are the mood boards I put together of all of the things I’ve been inspired by lately and also some ideas for how you can incorporate this look into your own home! I hope you find this as inspiring as I do!
1) Starting with PASTELS…This year, pastels are all the rage. We’ve already seen them on the runways in spring fashion collections, but did you know pastels will be big for interiors, too? A complete 180 from the dark greys and heavy wood tones that have dominated the interior scene lately, this spring we’ll see things freshen up with light shades of our favorite colors. The trick? Keeping it contemporary.
2) NeoN Brights….Bright and Funky, everyone needs a little neon in their life at some point don’t they? I am really loving bright pops of colour right now, from my electric blue skinny jeans to the gorgeous HELLO KITTY lipstick I recently purchased in the hottest pink.
Here you have an eclectic mix of bold and bright neon colours, very kitsch and quirky, I can see this working really well against a stark, white backdrop, or perhaps something more urban and industrial.
3) Pretty in Lace…With a provocative and sweet feel, it’s no surprise that lace has become the ultimate must-have this season. From dark and edgy to vintage and soft, the versatile, ornate fabric can do no wrong. We’ve seen this trend on a variety of looks this season ranging from tops and skirts, to gloves and jewelry and now to INTERIORS as well..
4) TEAL color…..This is not your ordinary teal. This is a stand-out, warmly tinted, wildly refined, deep teal. Neither green nor blue, silent nor shocking, deep teal pauses in a perfect middle-ground aesthetic that will turn heads and feel just right at home or in your closet…
5) NATURAL…There is something to be said about the timeless looks of a neutral palette in INTERIORS or FASHION. One of the current trend, of course, were the so-called “neutral” colors: beige, nude, flesh-colored, and shades of powder or sand and similar to them palette of semitones.
The naturalness, innocence, tenderness – that’s what designers remind us in their spring collections. This applies to evening dresses and to casual wear, to lingerie and shoes, to handbags and all other kinds of accessories and home decor.
6) LEOPARD…..Leopard, leopard and more leopard is all that we are seeing from last few seasons. Leopard is the popular trend in prints and textiles. It is also used in just about every apparel piece, shoe, watch, and even nail art this season. It has started its trend in home interiors as well from floor rugs to throw pillows and beyond.
7) MINIMALIST….Minimalism is a trend that has been used in interior design and architecture. Minimalist design has been highly influenced by Japanese traditional design and architecture. The trend somehow helps you to create a smart, relaxing, clutter-free look in your home. Thus, modern minimalist pictured softer, more personal and easier to live with.
8) PAINTERLY…The new painting techniques are popping up in everything from tabletop decor and cushions to wallpaper, from mobile covers to handbags. Wide brush strokes, mural paintings and finger painting are opening up new ways to incorporate vibrant flourishes of art in our everyday lives.
9) SUZANI…In its most general sense, the Uzbek word “suzani” means needlework. However, most suzani lovers associate the word with the intricate, beautiful, and colorful embroidery work made by women in the Central Asian country of Uzbekistan. They add great pattern and beautiful eclectic touch and can work in country, modern or vintage interiors.
10) ART…Colorful and Abstract!!
So what do you guys think of these trends?? Please leave your feedbacks and comments below. And also tell me which one is your favorite? I LOVE, LOVE all of them 😀 * Cheers*